As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Shuffle #153 (May 1, 2022)

When The Good Apples Fall – The Seekers

No Time – The Guess Who

This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now – U2

Dance Away – Roxy Music

Crying In The Chapel – Elvis Presley

Same Old Loverman – Gordon Lightfoot

You Got The Love – Rufus & Chaka Khan

Silver Wheels – Bruce Cockburn

Sloop John B. – The Beach Boys

 

4 comments:

  1. Do you have season tix for Nat?
    In what section are your seats?
    Where is the best place to park if driving?
    Does the metro go to/near the park?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. We have a 1/4-season plan -- just about all of the Sunday games, with a smattering of weeknight games.
      2. Section 313 ("Gallery"). Upper level, but below rather than above the concourse. Pretty much directly behind home plate. For us, nice mix of relative affordability and good view.
      3. Nats have 2 garages right by the park, if you don't mind spending $49. There are a few other official lots, the cheapest being $35. We prefer a lot that's about 5 blocks north, at 545 South Capitol Street SW, which is $20. It's quite large, so we've never had a problem finding a space, and it's under the freeway, thus in the shade.
      4. Definitely. One of the two entrances at the Navy Yard-Ballpark station on the Green Line is, as they say, just steps from the park.

      Does this suggest that you're considering a trip? ;-)

      Delete
    2. We visited Arlington last year, and really enjoyed the downtown area. Stayed just a few steps from the Metro Station (Old Town - yellow line) and bought a 3-day pass. When my daughter lived in DC about 15 years ago, the stadium was just being built. Since she moved to London in about 2007, I hadn't been back to DC. Last year we visited Arlington Cemetery (my ex-wife's parents had been interred there the previous year, and I didn't, of course, attend the ceremony, but I did want to pay my respects). The Capitol and White House were closed to the public, and I did want to take a tour. We did lots of walking as we always do, and visited many of the other usual tourist signs along the Mall area. We decided to return this year in June, so I checked the Nats' schedule and discovered they are home that week. Because we would most likely take the train from the hotel, we preferred a day game, which happens to occur the Sunday we are there (vs. Brewers). I did not yet get tickets because I'm waiting until the last minute because my parents (94 and 95 years old) are what we might say in baseball terms "day to day."
      BTW, we saw the Braves exactly one year ago in Atlanta squeak by the Mets 20-2.

      Delete
    3. Hope things work out. I don't think tickets for the Sunday Brewers game should be especially hard to get, even late. Let me know if you're going to be there -- email is mdrhoads@gmail.com.

      Delete