As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Sunday, March 3, 2024

Shuffle #172 (March 3, 2024)

‘Til Your Fool Comes Home – James Hunter

Murder Incorporated – Bruce Springsteen

American Dream – MKTO

The Light – Brewer & Shipley

Every Breath You Take – Dolly Parton Feat. Sting

Three Marlenas – The Wallflowers

Trail Of Tears – Guadalcanal Diary

I’m In Love – Teenage Fanclub

Nobody – Ryan Shaw

The Circle Is Small – Gordon Lightfoot

 

(from the obscure to … the more obscure)

4 comments:

  1. This week in 1968 produced a (nearly) excellent list of hits representative of the year. A little of this, a little of that, and plenty of parentheses.
    10. I Thank You - Sam and Dave
    9. Since You've Been Gone (Sweet Sweet Baby) - Aretha Franklin
    8. Valleri - Monkees
    7. La-La (Means I Love You) - Delfonics
    6. I WIsh It Would Rain - Temptations
    5. Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition was In) - First Edition
    4. Simon Says - 1910 Fruitgum Company
    3. Love is Blue - Paul Mauriat
    2. (Theme From) The Valley of the Dolls - Dionne Warwick
    1. (Sittin' On) The Dock of the Bay - Otis Redding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Simon says, "Make this bubblegum crap go away!!!"
      Elsewhere on the week's Hot 100, the Box Tops' classic "Cry Like A Baby" soars up to #28 in its 3rd week on the chart, and "Everything That Touches You" (by Your Favorite 60s Band) drops to #12 after spending 2 weeks in the Top 10.

      Delete
    2. Man, I hated that song at #12. "Simon Says" without the beat.

      Delete
  2. Pretty harsh!
    As my high school physics teacher used to say, "Don't be bitter, reconsider." ;-)

    ReplyDelete