As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Friday, July 5, 2024

Trump-Biden golf squabble

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/07/02/biden-trump-golf-handicap-debate/

 

This column from Rick Reilly is one of the best I’ve read this year, and certainly the funniest. Sample:

 

Trump: “I’m in very good health. I just won two club championships, not even senior, two regular club championships.”

I’ve been around golf for half a century. I’ve never, not once, seen anyone over 55 win a club championship, to say nothing of a 78-year-old shaped like the Liberty Bell. Members I know at Trump’s clubs tell me I still haven’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment