As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Best Music of 2013





(Updated 1/7/2014 to note how the songs/albums did in the radio station countdowns.)


I voted in 3 radio station “best of the year” polls recently, two for best songs and one for best albums. My selections were as follows: 

Songs 
  1. From A Window Seat -- Dawes (#16 WXPN)
  2. Can't Hold Us -- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
  3. Never Wanted Your Love -- She & Him
  4. Feel It All -- K T Tunstall
  5. Same Love -- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis
  6. You Never Need Nobody -- The Lone Bellow (#6)
  7. Good Things Happen To Bad People -- Richard Thompson (#32)
  8. Heavy Feet -- Local Natives (#71)
  9. Out Of My League -- Fitz and the Tantrums (#34)
  10. Stranger To My Happiness -- Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings (#130)
Honorable mention: True Love – Pink


Albums 
  1. Electric – Richard Thompson
  2. Invisible Empire/Crescent Moon – K T Tunstall
  3. Volume 3 – She & Him
  4. Old Yellow Moon -- Emmylou Harris & Rodney Crowell (#24 mvyradio)
  5. Minute By Minute – James Hunter 
Honorable mention: Stories Don’t End -- Dawes (#6)

No comments:

Post a Comment