As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Shuffle #125 (November 30, 2019)


In Liverpool – Suzanne Vega
When It Began – The Replacements
Running On Empty – Jackson Browne
The Rockafeller Skank – Fatboy Slim
Truckin’ – Grateful Dead
Since You’ve Been Gone – Aretha Franklin
Glory Bound – The Grass Roots
Time Is Tight – Booker T. & The MG’s
Little Ghetto Boy – John Legend & The Roots

3 comments:

  1. I did own the 45 of Since You've Been Gone.
    It's gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my most lasting childhood memories is from when I was maybe 4 or 5. I left one of my favorite 45s on the sofa, and my mom accidentally sat on it.

      I don't talk about this a lot, because the record was Doris Day doing "Que Sera, Sera". I like to think my musical tastes have advanced somewhat since then.

      Delete
    2. ... and WXPN played it at 9:07 this morning, as part of the annual memorial edition of their Friday Morning Mixtape. R.I.P. Doris.

      Delete