As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Shuffle #137 (October 21, 2020)

Eighteen Wheels & A Dozen Roses – Kathy Mattea

More Than A Woman – Bee Gees

Strangelove – Depeche Mode

Hey Jealousy – Gin Blossoms

Glad All Over – The Dave Clark Five

Anchorage – Michelle Shocked

Mrs. Robinson – Simon & Garfunkel

Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Peter, Paul & Mary

Love And Happiness – Al Green

4 comments:

  1. https://www.nj.com/entertainment/2020/10/all-337-bruce-springsteen-songs-ranked-including-all-new-letter-to-you-songs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5 The River
    #4 NYC Serenade
    #3 Born to Run
    #2 Thunder Road
    #1 Jungleland
    BTW:
    #337 Hitchhiker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Certainly can't argue with the top 3. I had Thunder Road #1, Jungleland #2, and Born To Run #13.

      I like NYC Serenade, but for me it's no better than 4th best from E Street Shuffle.

      The River doesn't surprise me, although I've always thought it was somewhat overrated. (When comparing title tracks, I greatly prefer Darkness On The Edge Of Town.)

      Delete