As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Charlie Watts

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music- news/charlie-watts-rolling-stones-drummer-dead-obit-1161926/

 

So, pretty much everyone by now has heard that Mick Jagger song. And Bill Wyman got name-checked in one by the Smithereens. But Charlie Watts also got his due in the second verse of this John Hiatt classic.

 

Favorite songs:

Undercover Of The Night

Dead Flowers

(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

Gimme Shelter

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

 

Time Is On My Side

Wild Horses

Sympathy For The Devil

It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll

Get Off My Cloud

 

Miss You

Paint It, Black

As Tears Go By

The Last Time

Ruby Tuesday

 

It’s All Over Now

Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)

Waiting On A Friend

2000 Light Years From Home

Living In A Ghost Town

10 comments:

  1. 5. Sympathy for the Devil
    4. Honky Tonk Woman
    3. Gimme Shelter
    2. Jumpin' Jack Flash
    1. Brown Sugar
    H.M. Bitch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many songs, so little time.

      Delete
    2. Neither of us mentioned "She's a Rainbow," which is a song I always liked and has been used at least twice recently in ads.

      Delete
    3. That one wasn't even on my radar screen. Haven't heard it in a long time, even on Real Oldies 1480.

      Delete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c1BThu95d8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8T1NZM2WgM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen the Sony commercial before (although I normally view commercial breaks as my time to visit the kitchen, bathroom, or wherever).

      OTOH, the music video should be referenced in every dictionary that defines the term "psychedelic". It probably also could use a warning, like those rock shows that use strobe lights.

      Delete
  3. https://youtube.com/watch?v=URclFIsMdD4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must be special -- all I get is "This video is private."

      Delete
  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Iskkqn0MmE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so maybe I should start watching more commercials ...

      Delete