As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Wednesday, July 1, 2026

Shuffle #192 (June 27, 2026)

I Walk The Line – Johnny Cash

Let The Monkey Ride – James Hunter

Comeback Kids – The Jayhawks

Forever Blue [Acoustic Version] – Chris Isaak

Everything Falls Apart – Dog's Eye View

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised – Gil Scott-Heron

You Don't Know Me – Eva Cassidy & Chuck Brown

The Cisco Kid – War

Wait For Me – Hall & Oates

Unchained Melody – The Righteous Brothers

He Was Really Sayin' Somethin' – The Velvelettes

My Back Pages – The Byrds

Misery – The Dynamics

The End of the Innocence – Don Henley

Hey Mister, That's Me Up on the Jukebox  – James Taylor

It's Over – Roy Orbison

I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston

Only The Lonely (Know How I Feel) – Roy Orbison

Maybe – The Chantels

Sleep All Day – Jason Mraz

Sun Hands – Local Natives

What A Difference A Day Made – Natalie Cole

The Rockafeller Skank – Fatboy Slim

The Lamp Is Low – The Tymes

Pumped Up Kicks – Foster The People

Mercy Street – Peter Gabriel

Smalltown Boy – Bronski Beat

Caravan Of Love – The Housemartins

My Love Mine All Mine – Mitski

Softly – Gordon Lightfoot

Enter Sandman – Metallica

The Gig – Fantastic Cat

Northern Attitude – Noah Kahan

Invincible – Pat Benatar

Do You Love Me – Guster

England Swings – Roger Miller

Kiss – Richard Thompson

Karma Chameleon – Culture Club

Stay And Love Me All Summer – Brian Hyland

All Around The World Or The Myth Of Fingerprints – Paul Simon

4 comments:

  1. Sirius XM Classic Vinyl July 4 Top Fifty (listener poll)
    Here is the top ten:
    10. Hey Jude
    9. Sympathy for the Devil
    8. Layla
    7. Wish You Were Here
    6. Free Bird
    5. Kashmir
    4. Nights in White Satin
    3. Bohemian Rhapsody
    2. Hotel California
    1. Stairway to Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a lot of surprises there.
      Over the holiday weekend, WXPN played back The Philly 250 - "songs from, by, and about Philly"
      https://xpn.org/the-250-songs-that-define-philadelphia/
      Also, CBS Sunday Morning recently published a contributor-based list of "essential American songs"
      https://www.cbsnews.com/projects/2026/sunmo-american-songbook/

      Delete
  2. Agreed. No surprises. Some good stuff further down the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I saw the CBS This Morning segment.

    ReplyDelete