As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Friday, January 9, 2015

Favorite Christmas Songs


By popular request, I gave it some thought and made a list of my favorite 10 Christmas songs of all time. (A little late for this past December, but really early for 2015.) 
  1. White Christmas – The Drifters
  2. Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Bruce Springsteen
  3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas – The Pretenders
  4. Please Come Home For Christmas – The Eagles
  5. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love
  6. Blue Holiday – The Shirelles
  7. Christmas Auld Lang Syne – Bobby Darin
  8. All I Want For Christmas – Timbuk 3
  9. Merry Christmas Baby – Charles Brown
  10. The Christmas Song – Nat King Cole

2 comments:

  1. 1. Merry Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home) - Darlene Love
    2. All I Want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey
    3. The River - Joan Mitchell
    4. The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
    5. Christmas Wrapping - Waitresses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally decided two or three weeks ago that I needed to get some Christmas music onto my iPod. Your 5 are among the two dozen or so that I pulled into iTunes (and Mariah came close to making my top 10).

      I also fell in love with an obscure oldie I heard for the first time last month -- You're My Christmas Present, by The Skyliners.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcwDCjtkIZY

      Delete