As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Shuffle #43 (January 10, 2015)


Remember (Walkin’ In The Sand) – The Shangri-Las
Rattler – The Seekers
Funny Not To Care – Lake Street Dive
Deep & Wide & Tall – Aztec Camera
Snow Queen – Blood, Sweat & Tears
Leaving On A Jet Plane – Peter, Paul & Mary
Check Out Your Mind – The Impressions
Let’s Go Crazy – Prince
That’s All Right – Elvis Presley

2 comments:

  1. Just because:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq8OU-7JDFA&spfreload=10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice slideshow (especially the Homecoming Court). Guess I can forgive the poster for using the wrong album cover. (It was from their second LP, not the first.)

      Definitely my favorite Steely Dan song. I had forgotten how long it was, which no doubt helps to explain its relative lack of chart success.

      Delete