As a fan of a wide variety of popular (and not-so-popular) music from the 1950s (and sometimes even earlier) up through the present, one of my bucket list projects for years has been to put together a list of my 100 favorite songs of all time. At some point I decided that, once I got around to figuring that out, I could put it out on a blog, for the infinitesimally small proportion of the Internet world that might be interested. So, here we are. While the Top 100 will be a major focus, I also plan to post on a variety of other musical (and occasionally non-musical) topics, in which you may or may not be interested. (If a particular posting doesn’t ring your bell, you’re only a few clicks away from a dancing cat video on YouTube.)

Saturday, September 2, 2023

Shuffle #165 (September 2, 2023)

Jimmy Buffett edition

 

Brown Eyed Girl

Fruitcakes

Changes In Latitudes, Changes In Attitudes

He Went To Paris

Margaritaville

Come Monday

One Particular Harbour

2 comments:

  1. May be blasphemous, but like the Average White Band, many of Buffet's songs sounded the same to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK. Different strokes for different folks, etc.

      You'll appreciate this one. Was talking with a friend of mine the other day about painfully loud rock performances. He told me about the time that he went down to the Mall to see Poco. They were fine, but the opening act blew him out of the water in terms of volume (and he's been to plenty of shows).

      The opening band? None other than New Jersey's Looking Glass.

      Delete